Investigation of new technological procedures for MEMS and NEMS
CMT developed a full set of complementary planar and micro/nanofabrication tchnologies sufficient to fabricate microsystems and sensors of medium complexity. In this moment our research is directed towards mastering new procedures that should enable fabrication of MEMS and NEMS with a better resolution and more complex functions. The basic topics are>
- Submicrometer photolithography by direct writing using a laser spot
- Double-sided lithopgraphy
- Semiconductor wafer bonding
- Improvement of bulk micromachining procedures, especially those based on TMAH.
- Improvement of surface micromachining procedures: forming sacrificial layers and methods to free MEMS/NEMS structures from solution without damages due to surface tension and stiction.